I am an Italian-native professional translator from English, Russian and French, and a conference interpreter between Italian and English, and from Russian and French into Italian.
I have been working as a freelancer since 2009. My experience also includes working in a sales/admin capacity in a manufacturing company and as an Italian In-House Translator for one of the biggest LSPs in the UK.
Since 2013, I also work as a part-time Teaching Fellow in Interpreting on the MA Conference Interpreting and Translation Studies offered at the University of Leeds.
As a translator, I can tackle most subjects, but mainly work in:
- Food & drink (food manufacturing)
- Technical & Legal (user manuals, maritime equipment, terms and conditions, international contracts)
- Marketing (press releases, campaigns, company description, e-commerce)
- Finance & Business (Credit Suisse, financial statements, H&S policies, training documents)
- Tourism (luxury hotel chains, Airport2Hotel)
- Cinema (subtitling for TV series and movie interviews for Yahoo! Cinema)
- Apps (Scribd, Grindr, Spottly, WePopp, Ringo) and games (Spil Games, Hidden Express, Rodeo Games, Warhammer Quest)
What is more…
I regularly translate on a voluntary basis for these NGOs and communities:
Interested to know more?
Alexander Drechsel (the Tablet Interpreter) interviewed me as part of his language podcast series in August 2015. Feel free to listen to the whole episode here.