I have always considered foreign languages and cultures a very interesting and challenging field. I spent time abroad, first in Ireland and then in France, to master my language skills.
While studying for my BA in Liaison Interpreting and Translation at the SSLMIT University of Bologna (www.ssit.unibo.it) in English and Russian, I spent 9 months in the UK (University of Warwick) and 6 months in the Russian Federation (Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University in Kaliningrad).
Then I completed an MA in Conference Interpreting and Translation Studies from The University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk), where I specialised in conference interpreting from English and Russian into Italian.
Currently I am self-employed and cover the whole of the Yorkshire and North East regions, with frequent travels to London, the South and abroad.
Andrea Alvisi is also:
- MITI, Qualified Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)
- member of the International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters (IAPTI)
- associate member of the Associazione Italiana Traduttori e Interpreti (AITI)
- member of Yorkshire Translators and Interpreters, a regional group of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)
- member of the Italian Interpreters and Translators network of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)